Monday, May 16, 2011

A new addition.

It has been a bit since my last post!
Life has been satisfyingly busy.
I am still working on my "big crochet project". I am not ready to share just yet.. but very soon.
Last week brought a very exciting change in our little world.
We gained a new addition to our family!
Meet Suki!

This was the first photo I got of her from my friend D. His mother's cat had kittens and I expressed an interest in having one.
Needless to say.. I was in LOVE!
She came to live with us Wednesday night. She is 6 weeks old. And SMART! It took me less than one day to litterbox train her.

Please forgive the dullness of most of these photos. I took them with my phone at night.

She fell between the pillows.. as you can see by her expression, she was not amused.

Trying to give a size comparison.. everything in the world is bigger than her right now.
I am sure I will be sharing more pictures of her as she grows and does more than sleep. But, I will enjoy her baby-ness for as long as I can.

One of my favorite things to do is make crochet toys for animals. They are quick, and I haven't met an animal that doesn't fall in love with them, from rats to dogs and back again.
I made a couple of new Flying Saucer toys for my BFF's kitties. She has 2 Sphinx kitties.. and they go through toys with a quickness!
There is nothing to making these. It is just 2 circle parts of the Attic24 Hexagon stitched together and stuffed with used dryer sheets. Yay for recycling!

I have several other things that I am very excited to show you, and I will very soon!

Have a wonderful week full of love and sunshine!


penelope10 said...

Suki, how sweet she is!

Carole said...

Oh how gorgeous is she? Just adorable!

Rachel said...

Congrats on your beautiful new addition - she is ADORABLE!

And how fun are her toys???!